söndag 23 oktober 2016

Dreadtober painting and playing with oil

I didn't progress as well as I had hoped for in the Dreadtober challenge. I was supposed to be ready with the painting and the base this week but I have been slacking a bit to much. The major colors are there and the bases are somewhat ready but not at the point were I would be happy with it.
The coming week will probably not be that productive, with some upcoming events and work.
A picture of the current status, except bases are almost done.

I also gave oil washes a try, very interesting I have to say. The first guinea pigs were the Tiger family. Next will be the dreadnoughts, hopefully with a good result.
 One of the dreadnought bases also got a treat of oil blending, a pleasant and interesting way of painting I think. There will be more of this in the future.

söndag 9 oktober 2016

Dreadtober - Build week

I joined the Dreadtober challenge hosted by https://brokenpaintbrush.com/
It seemed like a perfect challenge for me since I have four Dreads that has been ignored for too long. So I will join up with two participants, one Death Company Furioso and one heavy equipped with a twin-linked lascannon.
This week I picked them up and prepped a little bit, made the base for the heavy and glued some pieces together.

I also managed to prime them, but I had all my masking tape in the other house so I could not prime the black parts on the heavy dread.

This coming week they are supposed to have all the main areas painted.