söndag 9 januari 2011

Basing my US Rifle Company - Part 1

I got a question about my basing, I thought I would take some pictures and explain what I did. This will be in two parts since I don't have any grass material.

My wife found me some modelling paste in the local store, so I had to try it out and it seems to work fine.

From Miniature gaming

Put a layer of the paste and then stick the miniatures in the paste. I don't use any glue or anything for the miniatures. Hopefully they won't fall off, they seem to stick there. To move around the paste, I use a coffee stirrer.
From Miniature gaming

When the paste is dry, I use a mix of water and PVA glue that I just brush on with an ordinary brush. Then I dip the whole base in a small bucket of sand I picked up in a sand box outside. Make sure to cover them up good. I let them rest in the sand for a while so the sand doesn't fall off.
From Miniature gaming

When the sand has dried up, I paint the base with thinned out Calthan Brown. Make sure you thin it out, otherwise it will cover the details.
From Miniature gaming

Finally I drybrush the base with Khemri Brown and then pick out some bigger stones which I paint with Adeptus Battlegrey followed by a light dry brush of Astronomican Grey.
From Miniature gaming

When I get my grass, turf and so on I will post a part two of this.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar